Decorating with White & Metal
White metal patio furniture provides a pristine canvas for your backyard retreat. Brilliant white and sleek metal finishes look crisp and refreshing poolside or surrounded by a lush garden blooming with color. By exploring different pairings of white and off-white aluminum and other metal outdoor furniture, you can create a breezy oasis that shines.
There are many ways to create a patio design featuring metal and white outdoor furniture. Spend a little time perusing the options below for ideas on outfitting your deck or porch with white and metal patio decor. Discover your favorite look by:
- Brightening your balcony or deck with all white patio furniture.
- Creating eye-catching flair by adding color for a highlighted look.
- Designing your layout with contrast featuring white cushions and darker metals.
- Embracing the subtle, elegant style of off-white furnishings and decor.
All White Patio Decor
With white as the focal color, your outdoor living or dining space looks airy and elegant. The fresh look of a clean, porcelain white patio ensemble appears to sparkle, rain or shine. From French country white wicker club chairs and elegant glass-top metal tables to minimalist modular sectionals, all-white patio furniture creates a unified look lifted by the light-reflective nature of this neutral hue.
An all-white bistro set takes the look of a small balcony to new heights.
For a breathtaking balcony design, choose a white bistro set with all-white sling chairs. Even a small veranda feels roomy with unimposing light, bright pieces rather than darker, visually heavier furnishings. Cozy up your sofa or loveseat with all-white cushions, or add a swing chair to a boho-chic patio to coordinate with white macrame plant hangers.
Refresh your poolside layout with a couple of comfy white lounge chairs.
Hang out by the pool on a couple of breezy white metal chaise lounge chairs. Try pairing them with an umbrella or canopy for optional shade on bright sunny days, a side table for your cold drinks and a good book to dive into. Accents like white metal planters, aluminum privacy screens and fountains help brighten the rest of your home’s exterior.
How to Add Color to White Metal Patio Furniture
If all white is a little mild for your taste, spice things up with a splash of color. Select colorful cushions, pillows and rugs to keep your backyard looking fresh and festive. Using different hues and similar color families helps unify your look across separate areas of your patio layout as well.
Powder blue cushions and navy accents cool down a sunny back porch.
While all colors work well with a neutral white theme, narrowing down the right hues for your palette can be tough. Use the following suggestions as inspiration when creating your look:
- Shades of Blue: Blue and white is a classic patio combination. Plush cushions let you and your guests kick back and relax for long afternoon visits. Choose from aqua blue sets for a breezy coastal vibe or consider a navy and white sofa for your nautical paradise.
- Browns: Taupe cushions add a warm, earthy tone to bright metal patio sets. This rich color complements lush gardens as well as open terraces. Keep things grounded with a woven beige outdoor rug or mix and match with teak furniture.
- Red, Yellow & Orange: Bold scarlet, yellow and orange bring the colors of the sunrise to white patio furniture. Coordinate your white sectional set with a traditional medallion style rug and ruby red toss pillows. Or punch up your dining table with vivid coral chairs and a sunny centerpiece.
- Vibrant Greens: Make your patio as natural and fresh as the outdoors with green decor. Embrace the tropics with sage green and white toss pillows and a palm frond rug. If your whole home is your garden, simply add white aluminum seating to your overgrown pergola.
Create the perfect balance by mixing earthy accents with white furniture and decor.
Follow your personal preferences and style when choosing colors to accent your white patio decor and furniture. Try different combinations of blue and yellow or pink and green to find your perfect aesthetic. Introduce texture and patterns to your space with printed rugs or pillows and use accent tables and planters to highlight your layout’s signature hues.
Dark Metal & White Patio Sets
For more distinct contrast, choose dark or black metal frames with ivory or bright white cushions. Darker, visually heavier frames blend in beautifully against a natural backdrop as well as brown or gray home exteriors, and the addition of snowy-white cushions gives your layout striking curb appeal.
Flat black metal frames and thick white cushions create contemporary contrast.
For a rustic or traditional layout, consider an antique bronze conversation set with porcelain white cushions to create a warm, familiar aesthetic. Classic black wrought iron chairs are timeless, while soft white cushions provide comfy seating. Add a fire pit table to your ensemble so you can roast marshmallows under the stars on chilly nights.
Discover the timeless sensation of black wrought iron with soft white seat cushions.
Interested in a more modern approach to decorating with black and white? Charcoal and jet-black aluminum chairs topped with white cushions create a sleek, updated design. Use black and white accents like patterned rugs, umbrellas and lanterns to play around with this simplified look.
Off-White Outdoor Decor
Off-white tones such as alabaster, cream, linen or ivory provide a hint of color while still offering a light and airy look. Parchment and eggshell hues also blend in well with natural surroundings, making it easier to incorporate teak accents and other natural pieces for a high-end look.
Off-white furniture has a soft tint that works well with teak, warm bronze and brick accents.
Linen white hues also complement casual decor. For example, a couple of off-white metal bar stools with ivory sling seats lend a laidback vibe to your afternoon outdoor happy hours. Similarly, a wicker glider with an aluminum frame and thick ivory cushions boosts the comfort and style of your chill boho backyard.
How to Use White & Metal Patio Decor
White metal patio furniture can stand on its own or coordinate with a range of shades from soft neutrals or deep rich tones to bright and vivid colors. Determine whether you want to create a look that pops in contrast, blends into the scenery or helps reinforce some of your favorite hues. With the right idea in mind, you can craft a pristine paradise all your own.