KINGSDOWN SLEEP SYSTEM LIMITED WARRANTY
Take good care of your sleep system and it will take care of you. No other piece of furniture will be used in your home more than your sleep system. Like a home appliance, your sleep system requires some minimum measures for your healthy sleep, night after night.
Carry the mattress flat on its side. This way is easier and less likely to damage the mattress. If handles are provided, use for positioning on the foundation only. Be sure not to use the handles to move the mattress. They are not designed to do so.
Protect your mattress and foundation against accidents and/or damage. Keep your bedding clean and free from stains. Use a mattress pad and wash it frequently with your bed linens. Vacuum the surface of the mattress to keep it free of skin debris that accumulates in normal use. Stains of ANY KIND will invalidate this warranty. This includes, but is not limited to; grease, dirt or mud, beverage or food spills, stains caused by chemicals or cleaners or biological stains from either pets or humans. Cleaners are not recommended as the use of cleaning fluids may damage the fabric and materials in your mattress. Allowing water or other liquids to penetrate your mattress may cause damage to the layers of the upholstery which can cause the materials to compress. Damage caused by water or other liquids will invalidate your warranty.
Properly support your sleep system; a warranty requirement. The proper center support & leg is required for all sleep systems and all sizes. (Sizes: Twin, Twin Long, Full, Full Long, Queen, King and California King). Proper support as defined by Kingsdown, Inc., is the use of a frame or platform which includes appropriate center support with a center leg resting firmly on the floor. An acceptable alternative would be five rigid cross support slats with a center leg, centered left and right and head to foot, resting firmly on the floor; OR a solid platform surface with a rigid center. An improper support frame and lack of center support will void your product warranty. To ensure the designed performance of your new mattress set, it is essential that it be supported properly from underneath.
Beds with Head & Foot Boards:
When used on a traditional bedstead with head and foot board, it is highly recommended to use a minimum of 3 to 5 rigid cross slats or steel flex-free slats, with one or more legs in direct contact with the floor. These slats should be securely attached to the bedstead side rails. Utilizing the recommended support systems above will provide the best results, allowing your new comfort system to perform the way it was designed over the duration of its warranty.
Rotate your mattress frequently unless indicated otherwise. Rotating your mattress helps optimize the longevity of your sleep system & settle any upholstery layers. Mattresses with personalized left & right core units do not require rotation. If you have a two-sided mattress, flip your mattress at the time of the turn. Your mattress is designed to conform to your body’s contours beginning within the first few weeks of ownership. If you notice impressions don’t worry, this means the system is functioning properly.
We warrant to the original purchaser, subject to the terms provided in this warranty brochure, that the mattress and/or box spring manufactured by us which you have purchased (“Sleep System by Kingsdown, Inc.”) will be free from defects in material and workmanship as described in this brochure. This limited warranty begins the day you purchase your set of bedding and will remain in effect until the product by Kingsdown, Inc., is no longer owned by the original purchaser, or the limited warranty period (as shown below in the illustration) expires, whichever first occurs.
If your set of bedding is replaced through a warranty claim during the non-prorated/prorated period of the warranty, your original warranty remains in effect from your original purchase date.
If your product by Kingsdown, Inc. has a defect covered by this limited warranty, Kingsdown, Inc. will provide a replacement if a valid warranty claim is properly submitted within the applicable non-prorated period of the warranty. The replacement, if the claim is submitted in the non-prorated period of the warranty, will be provided at no charge, upon verification of the valid warranty claim, however, you will be responsible for any applicable transportation and handling fees.
Only the defective piece or part will be replaced, not the entire set of bedding, unless the entire set is determined to be defective. Replacement of one piece will not automatically result in the replacement of the other piece. In the event of replacement, Kingsdown, Inc. reserves the right to use the closest comparable materials or models and does not guarantee that the replacement will match the existing piece.
In the event of a claim filed in the pro-rated period of the warranty, and the product is approved to be returned, your remedy will be the issuance of a merchandise credit from the retailer from whom you purchased the item, for an amount based on the warranty schedule calculation, which you may use toward the piece authorized for replacement. You will be responsible for any applicable transportation and handling fees of a return and/or exchange. If the retailer is no longer in existence, please see the section of this warranty titled “How to Make a Warranty Claim”.
WARRANTY COVERAGE PARAMETERS
This warranty applies to the following manufacturing defects occurring during proper use and care of your sleep system product by Kingsdown, Inc.:
Mattress (both as a set or mattress only)
• Sagging: defined as a 1”[non-quilted] 1 1/2”[quilted] or greater unrecoverable indentation when no weight is resting on the bed surface and when the following criteria has been met:
- - Mattress has been continuously supported by the matching box spring or an equivalent Kingsdown, Inc. approved box spring/foundation and;
- - Mattress and box spring are resting in an appropriate frame with a center support that includes a center leg resting firmly on the floor; or five rigid cross slats with at least one rigid center leg resting firmly on the floor;
- - Or Mattress has been continuously supported by a solid platform surface with a rigid center;
The proper center support & leg is required for all sleep systems and all sizes. (Sizes: Twin, Twin Long, Full, Full Long, Queen, King and California King).
Zippered mattress covers: Do not remove zippered covers.
• A two year warranty after original purchase date from Manufacturing defects and flaws of the fabric and of the zipper
• Splitting, broken, warped, bent, loose elements of the wood frames.
• Squeaks, rattles or noises.
• Sagging: defined as a severe compression of 1/2” or greater and this compression has occurred when the following criteria has been met:
- - the sleep system has been continuously used with an appropriate frame consisting of a center support and a center leg resting firmly on the floor ; or five rigid cross support slats with at least one rigid center leg resting firmly on the floor.
This warranty Does Not apply to the following:
Covers (including stains, soiling, burns, rips, tears, etc.).
- • Handles (which should be used only to position the mattress and may pull out if used to support the full weight of the mattress).
- • Structural damage due to using an improper box spring, platform or bed frame with an improper support system. All proper support systems include a center support and a center leg which rests firmly on the floor.
- • Comfort preference.
- • Bedding Height.
- • Corner Guards.
- • Body impressions. Kingsdown, Inc. will not consider normal body impressions to constitute a defect in material or workmanship for purposes of this limited warranty.
- • Impressions in the mattress that measure less than 1” (non-quilted) or 1 1/2” (quilted) sagging that has occurred due to lack of proper support.
- • Impressions in the foundation that measure less than 1/2” or sagging that has occurred due to lack of proper support.
- • Mattress damage due to using an inappropriate box spring, platform, foundation or bed frame or to using an improper support system.
- • Mattress or foundation from which the law tag has been removed and cannot be produced by the original purchaser.
- • Kingsdown innerspring mattresses placed directly on an open slatted mattress support system; For example a platform bed frame in which your mattress rests directly upon the slats which have open spaces between the slats. This will damage your innerspring mattress and void your warranty. This type of support system can be modified by adding a solid platform on top of the slat system.
- • Mattress or foundation for which proof of date and place of purchase is not provided.
- • Mattress or foundation which has been purchased as an item subject to sales terms “as is” or similar terms.
- • Mattress or foundation sold by anyone other than Kingsdown, Inc. or an authorized retailer of Kingsdown, Inc. products, or which is owned by anyone other than the original consumer purchaser.
- • Mattress or foundation if found to be in an unsanitary condition, or altered, abused or damaged through accident, neglect or improper usage, including stains of any type or origin.
- • Damage to the zippered mattress cover due to improper care.
- • Sheet Fit.
- • Transportation and costs associated with inspection.
- • Bedding used in facilities such as institutions, motels or hotels.
Any and all implied warranties on your sleep system product by Kingsdown, Inc., including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall not exceed in duration the term during which this limited warranty is in effect.
The retailer through whom you have purchased the product has no authority to extend or modify the terms of the limited warranty and no extension or modification of this limited warranty shall be authorized by or binding upon Kingsdown, Inc.
Your sole remedy for any defect or deficiencies in the sleep system product by Kingsdown, Inc., you have purchased or for a breach of the limited warranty during the non-prorated period of the warranty shall be to have Kingsdown, Inc. replace the product in accordance with the terms and conditions of this limited warranty. If in the pro-rated period of the warranty, your sole remedy will be the issuance of a merchandise credit for an amount based on the warranty schedule calculation, which you may use for the piece authorized for replacement. In either case, Kingsdown, Inc. shall not be liable to pay any consequential or incidental damages, or damages or expenses of any other nature whatsoever; arising from use or ownership of the sleep system product by Kingsdown, Inc., or from breach of the limited warranty stated herein.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
Notification of claims under this limited warranty or other inquiries shall be directed to the retailer from whom the sleep system product by Kingsdown, Inc., was originally purchased, or if the retailer cannot be contacted, to Kingsdown, Inc. P.O. Box 388, Mebane, North Carolina 27302. After providing notification of your claim, you should then promptly follow the instructions provided by the retailer or by Kingsdown, Inc.
You must keep your sales receipt or other proof of purchase and provide copies of these documents at the time you submit a claim under this limited warranty. Any claim filed must be validated by either third party inspection or review of owner-supplied material that is compliant with instructions provided by Kingsdown,Inc., whichever route is deemed appropriate by Kingsdown, Inc.
If it is necessary for Kingsdown, Inc. to handle the claim directly, then the original purchaser will pay the full cost of handling and transportation to and from the nearest Kingsdown, Inc. facility.
|Warranty Code||Total Warranty Period||Non-Prorated Period||Prorated Schedule Credit|
|E/A-NP||5 Years||1 Year||1/5 purchase price x years|
|J/A-NP||10 Years||1 Year||1/10 purchase price x years|
|ZZ||No Warranty||No Warranty||No Warranty|
|DD||30 Years||30 Years||N/A|
|Y||25 Years||25 Years||N/A|
|T||20 Years||20 Years||N/A|
|O||15 Years||15 Years||N/A|
|L||12 Years||12 Years||N/A|
|J||10 Years||10 Years||N/A|
|G||7 Years||7 Years||N/A|
|E||5 Years||5 Years||N/A|
|C||3 Years||3 Years||N/A|
|A||1 Year||1 Year||N/A|
Display Model: 1/2 Warranty – Max 10 Years. Refer to the product Law Label for Warranty Code.
Non Pro-Rated Period:
The period of time in which a product exhibits manufacturer’s defect(s), as defined in this warranty, may be replaced at no charge to the consumer other than transportation and handling fees.
The period of time in which a product which exhibits manufacturer’s defect(s), as defined in this warranty, may be returned and the consumer received a merchandise credit based on a calculation that subtracts value from the purchase price due to the period of use of the item. The consumer is responsible for transportation and handling fees.