SIMMONS ® BEAUTYREST ® LIMITED WARRANTY INFORMATION
- • Use a new Beautyrest® or Simmons® foundation or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation. An old foundation unit may not provide sufficient support.
- • If used with a foundation, use a frame that provides rigid center support as well as support for the head, foot, and sides. For any queen or king frame that does not have a metal center support, you must use at least 5 hardwood or metal slats (1" x 4") and add legs to the 3 center slats. By not providing a sufficient supportive frame, damage can occur to the product that will void your warranty
- • If used without a foundation (e.g. with a platform bed), add a solid platform on top of any open slatted mattress support system in which the spaces between the slats are greater than 2 inches (5 centimeters). Hardboard, plywood, particle board or a similar material, inserted between the mattress and the slatted platform, supporting the entire surface of the mattress will provide appropriate support. Use of an open slatted mattress support system in which the spaces between the slats are greater than 2 inches (5 centimeters), without the addition of a solid platform, will damage your mattress and void your warranty.
- • For all adjustable foundations, which are covered by a separate warranty, please see the owner’s manual for required support.
- • Use a protector pad on your mattress at all times to protect the condition of your mattress and preserve your warranty rights. Simmons® reserves the right to refuse service and void the warranty if the mattress or foundation is in an unsanitary condition, if the mattress or foundation has evidence of damage from liquid penetration or use of cleaning fluids, or whenever the product failure is caused by factors other than defective workmanship or materials.
- • If you need to move your mattress, carton or bag it and carry it on its side to avoid damage. Handles are provided to assist in positioning the mattress on the foundation. Using the handles to carry the mattress may tear the fabric.
- • Do not fold, stand or jump on product as damage can occur.
- • Do not use cleaning fluids or any type of fabric protection application on your mattress; it may damage some of the materials.
- • If your mattress has a removable cover, use only a professional dry cleaning service to clean the top cover. Do not machine wash the top cover. Do not remove or wash the bottom cover or the inner mattress cover.
- • If your Beautyrest® or Simmons® product contains memory (viscoelastic) foam, do not use a heating pad or electric blanket.
- • Do not remove or discard the white law labels or the model name label. These labels serve as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights. If you choose to remove the labels, keep them in a safe place.
- • DO NOT SMOKE IN BED OR USE OPEN FLAMES (e.g. candles, lighters, matches) ON OR NEAR YOUR BED. Although your new Beautyrest® or Simmons® mattress meets the requirements of the Federal Flammability Standard, 16 CFR 1633, when it is used alone or with the foundation(s) specified on the 16 CFR 1633 law tag attached to your mattress, it is not fire-proof. In addition, sheets, blankets and other bedding can ignite and burn rapidly when exposed to open flames.
Your new Beautyrest® or Simmons® mattress or foundation used with proper support is protected by a limited manufacturer’s warranty. The limited warranty covers manufacturing defects in your Beautyrest® or Simmons® mattress or foundation including faults in materials or manufacturing defects in the removable fabric cover available on select models. Replacement of one piece due to manufacturing defect does not automatically result in the replacement of any other piece. This limited warranty is provided only to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- • This warranty does not apply to and excludes:
- • Consumer firmness/comfort preference.
- • Normal changes in softness or recovery time of high density foams, including memory foam, due to normal use, temperature, or humidity.
- • Normal body impression(s) as indicated by your warranty code (see chart).
- • Consumer bed height/weight preference.
- • Cover (fabric) and handles.
- • Corner guards.
- • Bent border/grid wires.
- • Burns, cuts or tears.
- • Vermin infestations.
- • Mattresses or foundations displaying stains or soil that reasonably indicates the presence of potentially dangerous bodily fluids, blood borne pathogens or other substances that could cause injury.
- • Mattresses used with an inadequate foundation and/or support system.
- • Adjustable foundations (see owner’s manual for details on warranty coverage).
- • Merchandise sold “as-is”, “distressed” or “floor model/sample”.
- • Claims made outside the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- • Transportation, inspection, or removal costs of product, except in California.
The warranty coverage runs from the original date of purchase. Replacement of the mattress or foundation does not extend its limited warranty or begin a new limited warranty period. Your warranty period is based on the code printed on your white law label as indicated on the Warranty Code Chart below.
The duration of any applicable implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, shall not exceed the term of this limited warranty. (Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.) Simmons shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages that result from the use of your Beautyrest® or Simmons® product. (Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you.) No expressed or implied warranties are extended to persons who purchase the product from anyone other than Simmons Bedding Company or its authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded.
|Warranty Code||Warranty (in years)||Body Impression|
|B||1||1.5” or less|
|J||3||1.5” or less|
|H||5||1.5” or less|
|A||10||1.5” or less|
|P||10||.75” or less|
If your Beautyrest® or Simmons® mattress or foundation fails due to a manufacturing defect, the exclusive remedy under this warranty will be replacement of the defective product in the U.S., Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands. If the Beautyrest® or Simmons® product you purchased is discontinued at the time of replacement, a current model of comparable quality and value will be selected.
To receive service under the terms of this warranty contact your original Beautyrest® or Simmons® dealer. If your original Beautyrest® or Simmons® dealer is no longer in business or you have moved outside the service area, please contact Simmons Consumer Services at email@example.com. A copy of original bill of sale is needed to determine original date of purchase. Model name label and law label must be provided to identify the bedding and validate this warranty.
Your Rights Under State Law:
This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser from Simmons Bedding Company or its authorized dealers.