THERAPEDIC WORLDWIDE LIMITED WARRANTY
Use, Care & What You May Expect From a Foam Mattress
1. This warranty does not include a normal increase in softness of the visco material or a decrease in the slow recovery feature. These aspects do not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the foam.
2. Your foam mattress is sensitive to temperature and humidity. In rooms of 65 degrees Fahrenheit or less, or low humidity, the mattress will become somewhat firmer. However, it will readily warm and respond to your body temperature when you lie on it. Due to the temperature-sensitivity of the material, we do not recommend using an electric blanket or heating pad with the mattress. If your mattress has been subjected to temperature lower than 40 degrees, it is important that you let the mattress naturally conform to its new environment.
3. As with any new mattress, it may take a while to get accustomed to your new foam mattress. Most people are very comfortable using their new mattress on the first night. Others, however, may need several days to adjust to the unique feeling.
4. Sleep on quilted side only-this is a no-turn mattress.
5. Due to its manufacturing process, this mattress may retain a slight odor. All foam materials have this characteristic; think of the way a new car smells. Due to extremely high density of the foam, it may carry the factory odor for up to 3 weeks. This is normal and harmless.
Important Mattress Care Information - BODY IMPRESSIONS VS. SAGGING, THERE’S A BIG DIFFERENCE
Many of today’s top-quality mattresses use extra-plush foams and fibers to create comfort layers designed to cradle your body and relieve pressure. In the first few weeks you sleep on a new mattress with extra comfort support layers, you will likely notice some body impressions on the surface. These impressions are normal. They indicate that the comfort layers are conforming to your body, as they are supposed to do, and should not be considered a sign that something is wrong with your new mattress.
SETTLING IS NORMAL
Settling on either side of a king-size mattress is normal. King box springs are 2-piece units with supportive rods under the mattress center. It is normal for all king mattresses to experience some settling on either side of these rods – THIS IS NOT A MANUFACTURING DEFECT.
- 1. Never bend an innerspring mattress.
- 2. Never bend a foam mattress more than 30 degrees.
- 3. Do not get you mattress wet.
- 4. Use a quality bed frame. To avoid structural damage and voiding of your warranty, queen and king sets must also be used with a rigid center support with a leg or bed slats.
- 5. If you purchased a mattress only, it must be supported by a quality comparable box spring.
- 6. DO not us an iron or apply excessive heat to your mattress.
- 7. We suggest that you use a mattress cover or pad to protect your mattress: a soiled mattress voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
Your new mattress meets the fire safety standards issued by the U.S. Consumers Product Safety Commission.
Your sleep set is warranted against manufacturing defects in workmanship and material. If you observe a defect, contact the retailer from which you purchased the set. If the store cannot be reached, please write directly to the manufacturer at the address below. In either case, you must, within the duration of the warranty, provide proof of purchase (including date of purchase) and be the original purchasing consumer. Your mattress and/or foundation will be repaired or replaced (at our option) with charges as shown on the warranty schedule, exclusive of transportation and inspection costs. All other claims including incidental or consequential damages are precluded.
If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, the manufacturer reserves the right to substitute materials of equal quality. Therapedic reserves the right to refuse service and invalidate the warranty when, upon inspection, the sleep set is found to be in an unsanitary condition or when the product failure is caused by factors other than defective workmanship or materials.
All implied warranties on this product shall not exceed in duration the term of this limited warranty. This warranty begins on the day you purchase your sleep set. If your sleep set is repaired or replaced, this limited warranty will not be renewed or extended. Please refer to the Warranty Schedule on this card to determine the length of your warranty.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
This warranty is given by the Therapedic manufacturer whose name and address appear on the law label attached to your Therapedic product.
We recommend that you examine the law label attached to your Therapedic product and record the name and address of the Therapedic manufacturer on your warranty card.
This warranty does not apply to product used in hotels, motels, or institutional facilities.
The Therapedic Warranty cover only the following items during normal wear:
- • Body Impressions
- o Warranty I: (Innerspring) Greater than 1 – 1/2"*
- o Warranty S: (Specialty) Greater than 1”*
- o Warranty DC: (Direct Contact) Greater than 3/4”*
- • *Body impressions are covered on if the mattress has been continuously supported by a matching foundation (or equivalent) and used with an appropriate frame and center support, or a minimum of 5 cross slat with center support that extends to the floor.
- • Coils or wires that are loose, broken or protruding through the fabric.
- • Broken or loose support elements.
- • Loose, bent or defective wood beams.
- • Compression or unstapling of support elements.
- • Broken or loose grid top.
- • Sagging but only when continuously supported with an appropriate frame with rigid center support.
The Therapedic Warranty DOES NOT cover items such as, but not limited to:
- • Bedding sold “as is”, floor samples, or bedding purchased from second hand parties, non-retail establishments or received as promo item.
- • Bedding height.
- • Comfort preference.
- • Bent perimeter border rods due to moving or bending the sleep set.
- • Corner guards.
- • Fabric stains, soiling, burns or tears.
- • Replacement of another piece in a sleep set unless it is also defective.
- • Transportation and inspection costs.
- • Normal body impressions (See Body Impressions).
- • Damage of the mattress of foundation due to abuse.
- • Mattress damage due to inappropriate foundation.
- • Sheet fit.
- • Mattress fabric.
WORLDWIDE LIMITED WARRANTY GUIDE
To find you specific Therapedic™ Sleep System Warranty, consult the code (I-WG”, etc.) on the Law Tag affixed to your Therapedic™ mattress.
|Warranty Code||Limited Warranty Period||Non-Prorated Period||Prorated Calculation|
|WA||3||1||1/3 price x years of use|
|WB||5||1||1/5 price x years of use|
|WC||10||5||1/10 price x years of use|
|WP||15||10||1/15 price x years of use|
|WD||20||10||1/20 price x years of use|
|WE||25||15||1/25 price x years of use|